If you love Canvas like I do, you use it all the time and set up and configure your own child theme for Canvas. Here is a blank child theme for Canvas that you can use. Here is how you use this:
- Download this file
- Extract the file so you have a folder called canvas-child with only one file in the folder:: style.css
- Upload the latest version of canvas to your wp-content/themes folder
- Upload this folder to your wp-content/themes folder so that after in your ftp program, it will look like this:
- Log into wordpress
- Under Appearance > Themes, activate the Canvas Child theme
- Now you can make all the edits you would like to your theme and when you update to the next version of Canvas, your changes will stay.